Imagine my surprise when, the other day, I get a comment on my post Kenra Daniels’ #SixSunday – Yet Another Title announcing that I’ve been tagged with the Lovely Blog Award! Many thanks to Sunni Morris at Surviving Life for my very first Blog Award!
What is the Lovely Blog Award?
1. I have a chronic illness that results in massive pain and gradually worsening nerve damage.
2. Hubby and I were married 6 weeks after we met, having spent a total of 10 days together when he could get weekend passes from Fort Knox.
3. Growing up, I loved horses – more than most girls who love horses. I was OBSESSED, okay? The ONLY thing I was interested in was horses. I studied every single word I could find about them. Finally, when I was 10, my mom agreed I could have a pony. When I got sick, a bit over 10 years ago, I had to give up Red Dog, my last horse. Words can’t describe how badly I miss that creature…
4. I’ve always been a Good Girl. The only time I got into trouble at school was when I got into a fight protecting my younger cousin from a bully. Straight A student. No drinking, not even beer (still don’t). No drugs. No partying. Not even a speeding ticket. My most rebellious act was to leave college to marry Hubby over my parents’ objections.
5. I have 3 little grandsons, 4y, almost 3y, and 1y, that I’m raising now, since my daughter and her husband vacillate between unable and unwilling.
6. I watch VERY little TV, and even fewer movies. Can’t stand sit-coms or soaps. I prefer documentaries, police dramas, and thrillers. You couldn’t pay me to watch a comedy film released in the last 20-25 years.
7. I live in a TINY little town, with one traffic light. We have to drive about an hour to buy shoes, jeans, bedsheets. It wasn’t always that way, but now… And it’s the biggest town in the county.
Now that you know a little about me that you might not have before, let’s see whose turn it is to reveal Seven things about themselves…
1. Azure Boone at http://azureboone.com
2. Taryn Raye at http://tarynraye.blogspot.com/
3. Elin Gregory at http://elingregory.wordpress.com/
4. Lynette Sofras at http://manicscribbler.blogspot.com/
5. Sue Ann Bowling at http://homecomingbook.wordpress.com/
6. Silver James at http://www.silverjames.com/
7. Jess Schira at http://whimsicalquestsofacuriousmind.blogspot.com/
8. Chris Kelworth at http://kelworthfiles.wordpress.com/
9. James Garcia at http://jamesgarciajr.blogspot.com/
10. Molly Edwards at http://reviewsbymolly.com/
11. Kriss Morton at http://cabingoddess.com/